AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Wash and Prime Technician
This position is an entry level production role which requires a well-organized individual with strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Day to day responsibilities include washing, rinsing, sandblasting, priming, and other operations on metal housings and similar materials using machinery and priming chemicals.
- Conducts daily safety and operational equipment inspection against inspection log for any findings, reports findings (safety or other issues) to Supervisor.
- Perform assignments in accordance with established schedule, safety, and quality policies and procedures.
- Pull stock, stage, and set-up for operations. Wash, rinse, and dry parts. Sandblast and apply primer to metal parts in accordance to Work Instruction. Label and move finished product to appropriate location.
- Ability to multi-task. Simultaneously wash, sandblast, prime, and perform other operations at times.
- Process Shop Orders using Enterprise Resource Business System.
- Cycle count warehouse locations as identified by Supervisor. Apply FIFO for maintaining an orderly inventory.
- Proper housekeeping per 5S standards within the department. Maintains clean and orderly Warehouse.
- Contribute as a team member for continuous improvements using Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Performs Quality Assurance checks on parts being processed.
- Monitor material levels needed to perform job. Advise Supervisor for replenishment of materials when needed.
- Responsible for handling other essential tasks under the instructions of the Supervisor.
- High School/G.E.D. or equivalent experience
- Reading comprehension, basic math skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills, computer skills (navigation and email).
- Fork lift/Man lift certification a plus.
- Operate Lifting equipment (Manual crane)
- Enterprise Resource Business Systems
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload or excessive stress.
- Ability to interact positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.