AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Utilizing LabView®, designs, implements, maintains, and upgrades operational and performance testing of ultrasonic transducers, magnetic field sensors, temperature sensors and other products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and maintains production test equipment, as needed
- Directs and coordinates engineering activities concerned with procurement, installation, maintenance and calibration of instruments, equipment and control devices required for incoming inspection, in-process testing and final testing.
- Modifies and maintains LabVIEW programs as needed.
- Create, Modify and Maintain MySQL records to drive test on the manufacturing test system
- Works with Quality Control to assure test is validated prior to release.
- Writes detailed test instructions. Modifies existing test instructions as needed and works with Document Control to make changes.
- Specifies test jigs for efficient connection to devices.
- Utilizes LEAN processes to affect continuous improvement.
- Observes all safety regulations while in the performance of Job responsibilities.
- Create and maintain architecture to consolidate tests methodology.
- Trains production personnel on test equipment operation and procedures.
- Designs jumper cables for test equipment and creates wiring diagrams. Designs adapter cables for special customer requirements.
- Investigates breakdowns in test equipment, debugs problems and repairs mechanical, electrical and acoustic test equipment.
- Evaluates new circuit designs, i.e., environmental test of circuits and transducers, temperature, center frequency, under and over voltage or other standards required.
- Cross-checks schematic circuit diagrams created by other engineers.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4 years’ experience programing with LabView.
Complex problem-solving skills, critical thinking, active listening, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Programming experience, MySQL, PHP, test processes, and test equipment including, but not limited oscilloscopes, signal generators and impedance analyzers.
- Ability to interface with test equipment utilizing various hardware and software protocols is preferred. Including but not limited to UART, CAN, I2C, SPI, TCPIP.
- Proficiency in LabVIEW software
- Familiarity with ultrasonic transducers
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
- Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities, and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safety perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees; bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing, or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and/or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work that deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.