AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Technical Writer & Support Technician
Under minimal supervision and in collaboration with the configuration manager, applies knowledge and skills to develop, write, and publish owner’s guides concerning product installation, safety, operation, and maintenance. Additional responsibilities include modifying and updating ISO procedures, production work instructions and other related technical documents. Candidate must have the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and in pictures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and maintains all owner installation guides.
- Consults subject matter experts (SMEs) including engineering, sales, and production personnel to become familiar with product use, features, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Be a strong voice for the clarity and consistency of the end-user contact through collaboration with SMEs and quality.
- Manages translating owner’s guides into foreign languages.
- Maintains ISO documentation and technical data catalog jointly with configuration engineers, design engineers, LAB personnel and production.
- Process modifications and maintain product specifications for products upon customer request.
- Maintain work instructions and bill of material (BOM) structures for configurations jointly with configuration engineers, design engineers, LAB personnel and production.
- Responsible for change request (CR) review and approval in area of responsibility.
- Write engineering change orders (COs) and update technical documents and work instructions after CO approvals and hot walk COs as needed.
- Participates in first article approval review (FAAR) meetings as required.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts in manufacturing processing.
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, English journalism, and/or technical associates degree. 2 - 3 years technical writing or equivalent experience. Willingness to pursue related technical education if necessary.
- Writing proficiency with the ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Analytical skills with the ability to break a process into simple steps.
- Spatial reasoning with the ability to manipulate an object mentally, using two-dimensional, computer drawings.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills able to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Excellent listening skills, giving full attention to what others are saying; taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate best practices.
- Based on experience, provide guidance and advice to management or other groups on technical documentation, systems or process related matters.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Familiarity with the following: Adobe FrameMaker XML & DITA authoring, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Bartender, IFS, DraftSite and Creo Parametric (Creo).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and/or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.