AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Supply & Production Planning Specialist
Responsible for day-to-day management of a group of products that will involve all aspects of planning from the demand creation to the order shipment. You will work closely with demand planning, purchasing and production to ensure the capacity, materials and FG availability will meet the required dates. The success of this role will be determined by meeting customer on-time delivery, maximizing production output and revenue and minimizing production variances.
- Lead Demand & Supply balancing and planning efforts to meet customer requested date and working with production on capacity (labor and equipment) and purchasing on materials, give an accurate commit ship date.
- Receive primary input for total demand from forecasts and other data/information, such that demand can be matched to capacity.
- Review customer orders for material availability and capacity. Assign ship date to order via the customer order approval process.
- Develop models for capacity planning. Monitors capacity utilization and provides short term and long-term planning for optimum utilization and efficiency.
- Manage the coordination of efforts among Sales Forecasting (Demand), Standard Operations (Volume), Master Scheduling (Mix), and Capacity Planning (Supply), such that customer requirements are met.
- Maintain appropriate Master Data as required and defined including settings for planning fences, order policy codes, item cross reference notes, and various other ERP scheduling parameters.
- Work with other departments to expedite materials as necessary to ensure production deadlines are met.
- Assist to define and coordinate resources in response to unplanned work, such that very short delivery times are satisfied.
- Maintain and communicate detail delivery status reports (late vs. on-time details) to appropriate teams including Sales and Management.
- Ensure shop order system is always current, and purged of any unnecessary orders, data, etc.
- Proactively engage with Sales when demand exceeds capacity to minimize risk towards meeting delivery commitments and lead the prioritization process.
- Maintain and assist in planning inventory levels (raw materials, WIP and FG) to achieve delivery goals and manufacturing level loading and manage these levels within inventory cost/turn targets and considering warehouse space limitations.
- Oversee inventory reduction efforts to reduce excessive or obsolete materials and coordinate with sales as appropriate.
- Observe all safety regulations while in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years’ experience as a Senior Supply, Inventory or Production Planner
- Good understanding of supply, inventory and production planning processes.
- APICS/CPIM or equivalent certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of material and inventory control procedures, ERP, MRP, MPS, SIOP and Kanban practices.
- Computer excellence, including Excel and ERP/MRP systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to interface with employees of all levels.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Data driven with an analytical mindset
- Able to multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and participate in cross functional teams.
- Experience in a high mix/low volume environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with reading, writing and computer work.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.