AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
This is a multidisciplinary role / Primary function is Receiver. Material Handler and Truck Driver as needed, which requires a well-organized individual with strong attention to detail, excellent client service skills and the ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment. Day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to receiving incoming materials, distributing received materials, and transporting materials between Airmar locations using company vehicles.
- Works cooperatively with all Receiving Team members to balance workload and share responsibilities.
- Able to be self-managed with good use of time management during heavy workloads and share responsibilities.
- Able to train with others for the Supervisor for all department related meetings. E.g. A3’s, daily huddles.
- Works with all Receiving Team members to continuously improve safety, quality, and productivity (lean MFG. mind set).
- Keeps accurate records of all materials received.
- Examines shipment contents and compares with packing slips to verify accuracy in accordance with company work instruction.
- Records damage or discrepancies in received order in accordance with company referenced work instruction.
- Inspects shipments to verify correct items (quantity and code) and received in proper condition and reconciles to packing slips in accordance with company work instruction.
- Received materials into business system against the correct purchase order or RMA, transfers items that require inspection as needed. Delivers materials to appropriate departments or properly stores with all received materials.
- Performs cycle counts for assigned warehouse locations as identified by Supervisor.
- Confirms inventory accuracy and participates in inventory audits. Leads and consults supervisor with reconciling discrepancies.
- Maintains clean and orderly Warehouses by means of 5S.
- Endures periods of heavy workload as fluctuation of deliveries vary.
- Picks materials required for outside work orders and packages for shipment.
- Knowledge of MSDS/SDS documents.
- Identifies hazardous materials and labels them accordingly.
- Fulfills warehouse material requests and delivers to appropriate locations.
- Operates material handling equipment including fork lifts, man lifts and both electric, manual pallet jacks, and electric cranes.
- Operates company vehicles to transport materials including non-CDL required box truck, pick-up truck, and/or other passenger vehicles as needed.
- Properly loads and safely secures materials into vehicles.
- Conducts all required safety and operational inspections against inspection logs for material handling equipment and company vehicles used for transporting materials. Reports findings (safety and other issues) to Supervisor.
- Drives company vehicles between Airmar locations to pick up and drop off inter-company material at designated drop off points.
- May need to drive vehicles to other locations to do such things as: fill up with gas, warm up the engine, or deliver to repair shop.
- Distributes transported materials between Airmar locations to the appropriate departments.
- Prints and applies labels from various computer programs.
- Loads, unloads and rearranges materials for easy access. Ensures materials are pulled and put away in FIFO order.
- Perform wash, rinse, priming and other operations on metal housings and similar materials using degreaser machine, rinse tank, dryer, and priming chemicals.
- Assists other employees with lifting and moving heavy items obtaining materials from shelves/racking using material handling equipment.
- Assists the Quality Assurance, Procurement, and Manufacturing teams with material assigned to MRB and rework of materials as required.
- Works cooperatively with all personnel. Maintains open communication in a timely manner.
- Performs all other duties as may be required or directed from the Supervisor.
- High School/G.E.D. or equivalent experience.
- Receiving: 2+ years previous experience as a receiver.
- Material Handler: 3+ years as a material Handler.
- Previous non-CDL Box truck driving (up to 26 ft.) preferred but not required.
- Reading and comprehension.
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Computer skills (navigation and email).
- Microsoft Office experience preferred.
- Exposure to Lean MFG preferred.
Able to obtain DOT Certification which includes physical. Must complete fork lift/man lift certification training.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Enterprise Resource Business Systems
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, which or without the aid of mechanical devises, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis, the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed (sitting or standing or a combination of both.)
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as respirator, mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties from detailed instructions and understand procedures.