AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Quality Inspector I
Under general supervision, responsible for the inspection of items routed to Incoming Inspection.
Observes all safety regulations including use of personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment, applicable to the use of heavy equipment and machinery, and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, glues, epoxies, urethanes, urethane foam, and aqueous cleaning solution or other chemicals pertinent to the position.
- Responsible for inspection of all “inspection required” vendor supplied items, except for ceramic testing, before items are received into a warehouse area. Inspects against drawings to assure that items meet print specifications. Follows all applicable procedures and work instructions.
- Responsible for verifying the current revision of parts (prints) by consulting the appropriate computer files. Verifies and inspects to the actual revision of parts supplied per the purchase order. Records revision discrepancy per documented instructions.
- Follow parts control plan instructions and enter results from inspection in the appropriate computer files, generate non-conformation material reports as needed and move material to appropriate inventory location.
- As part of the Quality Assurance Team, assists in the improvement of quality processes, procedures, work instructions, forms, and records, as needed.
- Assist in the data gathering and analysis in the incoming inspection area.
- Performs other quality functions and related duties, as assigned. Performs other duties as requested or directed.
- Maintains work area in clean and orderly condition.
- High School education or equivalent background.
- Two or more years of inspection or quality control experience desired.
- Ability to use standard measuring devices: micrometers, verniers, calipers, thickness gauges, metal analysis system, CMM, optical and camera comparator, custom help tools, etc.
- Ability to work with engineering drawings (prints) and samples, use and understand electrical test equipment. Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties.
- Good math, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Internal Quality Auditor training or experience desired.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects
from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing, or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to interact positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.