AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Production Training Assistant
Under minimal supervision, the Production Training Assistant helps the Production Trainer and teams to schedule, track, and deliver training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observes and promotes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of equipment and proper ergonomic practices.
- Assists the Production Trainer with training preparation including scheduling and tracking responses, enrolling attendees in training sessions, gathering and organizing training materials and other related responsibilities.
- Assists the Production Trainer with ergonomic training for employees. Offers instruction and correction in proper ergonomic workstation setup, proper posture, and ergonomic exercises aiding in the elimination of repetitive injuries.
- With guidance from the Production Trainer, assists with delivering other safety and manufacturing related training using various modes of instruction, i.e., on the job training, group sessions, etc.
- Helps maintain department training records on employees’ existing skill level.
- Helps track certification and recertification requirements for production work.
- Effectively communicates with Supervisors, peers and co-workers via email, phone and face-to-face discussions.
- Maintains appropriate certifications.
- Performs other duties as required or directed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1 - 3 years of experience.
- Training at a vocational school or related on-the-job experience.
- Problem solving: the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Communication skills: the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through verbal communication.
- Visualization: the ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- Reasoning skills: the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers.
- Gathering information: has the ability to reach out to various functional areas in order to gather information and concisely communicate results.
- Soldering skills, electrical assembly, and testing.
- Ability to read and understand BOMS, work instructions and prints.
- Microsoft office suite.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with reading, writing and computer work.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.