AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Product Support Manager
The Product Support Manager is responsible for leading, directing, and controlling customer support processes, procedures, and technical support issues so that they meet the Company’s overall business objectives while protecting customer relationships and public reputation. The Product Support Manager will drive a continuous improvement mindset to enhance customer experience and will serve as the primary contact for Airmar’s Sales Team and their Subsidiaries to direct customers and/or end users that are having product issues in the field.
- Build a team that supports the Customer’s needs as well as the Company’s goals. This will include hiring, monitoring individual performance, coaching, and mentoring.
- Serve as the primary contact for Airmar’s Sales Team and their Subsidiaries to direct customers and/or end users that are having product issues in the field.
- Oversight of department scheduling to ensure proper coverage; provide coverage when needed; set customer service goals for team members and help them reach those goals.
- Develop and implement effective customer service and scheduling procedures, protocols, and processes to help improve efficiency of operations and for the effective use of technical resources.
- Work closely with the customer support team to ensure timely and accurate service to all customers (external and internal) with regards to timely completion of technical support calls escalated by the customer support team.
- If necessary, escalate potential design issues to appropriate team and manage the project to completion.
- Review and analyze customer and operational data to drive insights into actions for the business. Assess service statistics and prepare detailed reports on findings.
- Complete analysis on product returns.
- Present field issue reports to the Executive Board for all Sales offices to be aware of the status.
- Handle and resolve difficult external calls and coach staff to handle those conversations.
- Create/present technical trainings and trouble-shooting seminars.
- Implement call tracking and ticketing systems.
- Develop service and repair programs for special projects.
- Identify customer support trends and determine system improvements.
- Serve as reporting manager for the RMA team.
- Other duties as may be assigned by management.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a high-volume and highly productive customer support or service-industry environment.
- 3+ years of experience managing teams.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to understand and communicate in a technical environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish trust and build customer/consumer relationships (both internally and externally).
- Strong technical ability. Candidate must be able to create a test plan to conduct troubleshooting of issues.
- Proven ability to analyze data and provide recommendations based on analysis.
- Proactive approach to problem solving with good organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to work towards deadlines & team objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work on own initiatives and take ownership for delivering objectives.
- Ability to engage and work within a team and communicate business needs.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to implement improvement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).