MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
MSI Transducers manufactures low volume, highly complex electro-mechanical sonar assemblies for defense and commercial applications. MSI is a small business where employees excel by contributing to multiple areas of the business, and candidates are expected to contribute significantly in various functions. The Manufacturing Engineer will develop, integrate, or improve manufacturing methods or processes in support of our acoustic products. They will transition new products from Engineering to Production. They will utilize data driven analysis to determine root causes and resolve design, material, or process issues to improve quality, improve yields, and reduce costs. They will review product designs and assess them for manufacturability, cost, and completeness.
- Provide manufacturing engineering support for new acoustic transducer products including new process development and production scale up.
- Evaluate and improve existing manufacturing processes and / or develop new manufacturing processes.
- Create work instructions and aides to document manufacturing processes and train manufacturing personnel to effectively implement those processes.
- Lead productive equipment design sessions, specify, design and/or procure special tooling or equipment required to manufacture products.• Lead productive equipment design sessions, specify, design and/or procure special tooling or equipment required to manufacture products.
- Facilitate impactful root cause analysis events with cross-functional teams to solve manufacturing and technical issues as they arise.
- Analyze manufacturing process flows to enhance quality, reduce cost, and increase throughput.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles.
- Contribute towards maintaining and supporting ISO standards.
- Proven capability to transition products from development into production.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques applied towards process improvement.
- Experience with DoD prototyping and production programs is a plus.
- Expertise in adhesives, surface preparation, and bonding and joining.
- Expertise in fixture design.
- Excellent communication skills including proficiency at presenting information in a meaningful way to a non-technical audience.
- Possess a self-motivated and resourceful attitude, taking ownership of one's work.
- Exceptional decision making skills with an ability to execute and attain goals and to multi task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity with industry standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in groups.
- Strong business ethics.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with SolidWorks or a similar solid modeling software is a plus. Experience with LabView is a plus. Experience with ERP systems used in the manufacturing industry is a plus.
5 to 7 years of experience with Manufacturing Engineering and Process Development in a Manufacturing environment. Must have a BS in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
Candidate must be a US citizen and eligible to obtain a security clearance.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.