MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for an
Electro-Mechanical Engineer II
MSI manufactures low volume, highly complex electro-mechanical sonar assemblies for defense and commercial applications. The Electro-Mechanical Engineer II creates designs, performs tests, analyzes routine problems and manages projects under the guidance of the Engineering Manager and independently carries out assignments that have specific objectives and which involve standard procedures.
The ideal candidate will have experience with acoustic transducers and sonar.
- Design transducers including acoustical and electrical outputs, mechanical configurations and environmental protection for underwater use.
- Support detailed design and analysis culminating in an engineering drawing package and related parts lists and BOMs.
- Design mechanical components, assemblies, and subassemblies.
- Create, review, and release technical documentation packages which control the form, fit, function, and manufacturing processes for transducer products.
- Interface with technicians during the design process to address any foreseeable fabrication issues.
- Support program functional task elements such as procurement, manufacturing, quality, configuration, logistics, facilities, etc.
- Act as the principal point of contact with the customer, with responsibility for assuring customer satisfaction in terms of product performance, delivery, cost, and related areas.
- Act as principal point of contact with senior management to assure management understanding of program status.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans, schedules and budgets.
- Work with Business Development to bid new prototype programs.
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Ocean Engineering), Science (Acoustics or Physics) or related technical field is required.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience in engineering and in a related field.
- Ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams with conflicting/competing priorities in a cooperative, team building manner.
- Exceptional decision-making and communication skills.
- Program Management experience driving tasks to completion, managing schedules and budgets.
- Experience in creating, reviewing, releasing, and controlling technical documentation packages.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
Must be proficient with in Microsoft Office Suite. Must be familiar with numerical-analysis software such as MathCad or MATLAB. Must be familiar with 3D solid modelling software such as Solidworks or Alibre. Experience with Finite Element Analysis is a plus.
- Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload or excessive stress.
The candidate must be a US citizen and eligible to obtain a security clearance.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: MSIHR@airmar.com.