MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Ceramic Processing Technician
MSI Transducers develops and manufactures highly complex electro-mechanical sonar assemblies for defense and commercial applications. We manufacture our own Lead Zirconate Titanate (PZT) ceramics using a unique injection molding method followed by conventional ceramic processing.
MSI Transducers is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a position as a Ceramic Processing Technician for piezoelectric applications. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years in ceramic powder processing principles and techniques. Knowledge and/or experience with injection molding is not a requirement, but is a function of this position. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to work both independently and under direct supervision.
- Assaying of powders
- Weighing of components
- Batch mixing
- Calcination or high temperature powder processing
- Powder milling
- Performing density measurements and particle size analysis
- Ability to operate and maintain processing equipment such as blending machines and furnaces
- Injection molding of ceramic preforms
- Tooling set up and maintenance
- Following both written and verbal instructions effectively
High school education or equivalent. 3 to 5 years work related experience
- Ability to work with both dry and wet chemical processing
- Strong math skills
- Proficient in units of measure
- Proficient with Excel spreadsheet
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Familiarity with 6S and lean manufacturing practices
- Experience working in clean room environment a plus
- Knowledgeable in temperature controller operation and programming a plus
- Experience with injection molding a plus
- Experience with ceramic powders a strong plus
Due to ITAR compliance, this position requires candidates to be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: email@example.com.