AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Mechanical Design Engineer I
Develop basic mechanical designs and utilize CAD software to model basic parts in a team-oriented environment. In this role, you’ll also be responsible for applying your knowledge of math, science and physics, strong spatial skills, and a pragmatic approach to partner with experienced engineers in taking product concepts to mass production.
- Model basic parts and components including injection molded plastic, cast metals and resin, sheet metal, metal and non-metal machined parts, 3D printed parts, compression molded rubber, extrusions, die-cut components, flex circuits, etc.
- Research, specify requirements and source parts such as electrical connectors, fasteners, adhesives and sealants, plastics, foams, composite materials.
- Develop and design test plans for basic mechanical systems and conduct testing of products to verify compliance with design requirements.
- Interface with Electrical Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and toolmakers for discussion of basic designs.
- Maintain configuration control of documentation for products in production and interface with documentation control team.
- Applies design standards and procedures to implement basic designs
- Observes all safety and ergonomic regulations while executing job requirements.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CAD software and ability to model basic parts.
- PTC Creo experience desired.
- Ability to document work and communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities, and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safety perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees; bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher
position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing, or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and/or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work that deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.