AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Material Handler I - Lamination (2nd Shift)
Under minimal supervision performs various operations to expedite product through production area.
Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment, applicable to the use of heavy equipment and machinery, and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, glues, epoxies, urethane foam, and aqueous cleaning solution. Assists commercial and light marine assembly areas as needed.
- Sets up kits, including all BOMs, subs, equipment & fixtures as required.
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy of kits brought to the assembly floor.
- Verify part numbers and quantities to BOM.
- Stock and retrieve parts from bulk shelves, bins and kanban carts.
- Print tracking labels for all production units.
- Unload and provide racks to assemblers to maintain production flow.
- Verify rack accuracy and complete accurate documentation.
- Verify product ID and quantity between postings and racked product.
- Interface with assemblers regarding product/racking requirements.
- Moves sub-assemblies from prep areas to assembly area.
- Fills out proper documentation and moves racks into production areas, verifies rack accuracy and completes documentation.
- Stores unneeded racks, maintains open aisles, and provides racks to assemblers.
- Continually monitors and records inventory located at benches.
- Communicates production status to supervisor. Alerts supervisor to assemblers’ need for additional work assignments.
- Assists assemblers with set-up & breakdown function to minimize downtime.
- Performs various prep machining operations requiring the use of drill presses, sanders, and other equipment.
- Post to IFS data base daily.
- Perform daily cycle counts. Performs all inventory functions using IFS.
- Along with other material handler(s), responsible for maintaining accuracy of parts brought to the assembly floor.
- Completes all necessary paperwork on jobs completed.
- Participates in physical inventories (required).
- Assists assemblers and others with lifting and moving heavy items.
- Works cooperatively with other material handlers and departments as requested.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
- High School education and/or equivalent experience.
- 2 to 3 years related experience.
- Proficient in basic math and computerized inventory tracking.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
- Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities, and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safety perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees; bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing, or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and/or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work that deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.