is recruiting for a
Marport Inhouse/Field Technician
Seeking a qualified Inhouse/Field Service Technician to add to the service team in Mukilteo. Must be a self-starter with customer service experience. The primary role of Inhouse/Field Service Technician is to positively contribute to service department success, improve overall customer satisfaction, maximize customer retention, and increase profitability. Direct communication about Trawl Sensor Solutions to our customers in assigned territory. Providing day-to-day hands-on technical support in Marine Electronics including installation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In-house, hands-on troubleshooting, quality control and repairs of Trawl Sensors and Systems
- Via video collaboration tools, remote log-in, telephone, email etc.
- Provide in field Trawl Sensor Solutions -support and service to customers through installation, troubleshooting, repair, test tasks and
maintenance to include shipboard networks and computers on commercial fishing vessels.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Collect and analyze data on transducer impedance and output from sensor, battery life, battery charging.
- Assist in new product development and product improvements.
- Work closely with corporate office as well as international field offices.
- Provide technical guidance and training to customers.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Follow all company procedures and protocols.
- Cooperate and communicate with technical team and share information.
- Build positive relationships with customers.
- Skilled technical professional with the ability to show, promote, service and troubleshoot products.
- Knowledge of the Marine Electronics industry preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Detail, oriented, strong organizational, time management and multi-task skills.
- Willingness to travel – 25%
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Knowledge of computers and software configuration needed.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Firmware, and configuration utilities.
- Knowledge of Apple/MAC helpful.
- Use of hand tools and basic test equipment use (Voltmeter, oscilloscope, and impedance tester).
- Understanding of proper safety procedures and use of safety equipment a must.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Prefer 1 or more years of experience in a Technical or Sales role within the Marine Electronics industry.
Trade or Technical School Graduate
401(k) /Mileage Paid /Dental insurance /Health insurance/ Life insurance /Paid time off /Vision insurance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to lift and move a minimum of 20 pounds several times daily.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and/or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.