AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
The HR Generalist is a key member of the HR team and will be responsible for providing day-to-day HR support to the Company. This position is “hands-on”. The Generalist will be actively out on the manufacturing floor involved in the following areas: payroll, benefits administration, employee relations, performance reviews, production recruiting and safety. In addition, oversight of payroll using ADP and IFS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The oversight of payroll includes hands-on experience with the following:
- Responsible for the management of employee data, ensuring the accuracy of timesheets, computing wages, and ensuring employees are paid correctly and on time.
- Update information in IFS and ADP for employee payroll changes.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state payroll, wage and hour laws.
- Process annual payments for merit increases, 401K Employer Match and company discretionary bonus program.
- Manages employee deductions and liabilities.
- Maintain accruals for PTO, Vacation and Sick Time.
- Prepares payroll batches for employee referral, tuition reimbursement and disability wages.
- Enter changes in exemptions, benefit deductions, address, position and department transfer as part of managing payroll records.
- Responsible for all payroll audits. (Workers Compensation, 401K, and Accounting)
- Completes timely and accurate wage verification requests.
- Responsible for maintaining ACA reporting.
The oversight of benefit administration for Production employees including:
- Reconciles benefit invoices against payroll deductions.
- Manages 401K program. Employee contributions, eligibility, and employer match.
- Ensures COBRA compliance working with a TPA.
- Complete E-Verify process for all employees.
- Benefit administration of worker’s compensation, FMLA, STD, and Personal Leaves of Absence.
- Primary contact for benefits administration beginning with new enrollments and annual renewals.
Recruiting: responsible for recruitment and entire hiring process for manufacturing positions. Including:
- New Hire Orientation to new employees. This includes preparation of Offer Letters, completion of new hire paperwork and benefits, tours, and introductions. Administers building access, upkeep of employee files.
Responsible for coordinating ergonomic assessments.
Employee relations: experience with resolving employee relations challenges.
Experience with a Performance Management process.
Project work as needed.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 3 years of Generalist experience. Working in a manufacturing environment is beneficial.
Team player. Superior attention to detail. Able to multi-task and problem solve. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to build trust and confidence with production employees. Fast-paced environment with changing priorities. Ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively manage sensitive situations as needed. Flexibility to work past 5:00PM.
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.), ADP Workforce, ERP Systems, E-Verify
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with reading, writing and computer work.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.