AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for an
Global Procurement Manager
Lead a team of sourcing and purchasing professionals. Responsible for sourcing and purchasing practices and processes to achieve a best in class and transparent raw materials and 3rd party manufacturing set up to support our own in-house manufacturing. Work closely with Engineering on NPD process ensuring NPD sourcing practices are adopted.
- Manage and mentor a team of sourcing and purchasing professionals responsible for commodities, FG, MRO.
- Ensure practices and processes are aligned across the team
- Establish and support team goals to achieve assigned KPI/Metrics to deliver results
- Set up and lead the supplier validation process working closely with Quality and Engineering to ensure the best supplier is selected for legacy and NPD components
- Develop strong relationships with key suppliers that enables a true partnership vs. typical vendor/customer relationships
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms and pro-actively manages supplier to meet delivery and quality objectives.
- Implement and lead category performance reviews including spend, reasons for any increase/decrease in cost and proactively identify risks and opportunities
- Work with Finance on cost reporting and adopt a practice of forecasting spend.
- Actively travels to domestic and international supplier locations as required
- Actively monitors industry trends for relevant commodities
- Actively working with other members of supply chain management team on RM requirements, lead times, forecasts and RM space requirements
- Working with IT and Procurement team, create dashboards that supports exception-based management of components and ensures KPI/Metrics are achieved.
- Participates in cross-functional projects with members of the supply chain staff and other departments.
- Adopt and drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Responsible for managing inventory levels in line with working capital and strategic objectives.
- Interfaces with all key departments throughout the company.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
- Proactively monitor major contract renewal and expiration dates
- Main POC for ERP system functionality to support Procurement Function
- BS degree or equivalent background.
- Seven + years of procurement experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret electronic schematics and mechanical prints.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ERP Systems.
- Three plus years of managerial experience required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- You will be a highly Motivated, individuals with an Entrepreneurial spirit who is detail oriented and a team player
- You will possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to oversee a procurement group that is considered world class
- You will be analytical, strong communication skills and possess sound judgement
- Experience working with International and Domestic Suppliers a must
- Experience managing 3rd party manufacturer
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment buying electronic components, ceramics, cables, resin and other similar commodities
- Solid knowledge of contracting processes and understanding of critical clauses and T&C’s
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with reading, writing and computer work.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.