AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
FOAM PACKING MACHINE OPERATOR
Under limited supervision, performs packing using the packing machine and/or any combination of approved hand or machine operations on final products in preparation of shipping to customer.
While in the performance of job requirements, observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment and guidelines applicable to the use of machinery.
- Programs foam machine for custom packing by calculating dimensions and volume of box.
- Responsible for packing Recreational, Commercial, Prototype and custom orders.
- Refers to BOMs and follows customer specifications.
- Adjusts machine settings to conform to approved packing procedures.
- Monitors material supply levels and inventory to minimize interruptions and ensure continual operation, and notifies purchasing as supplies are needed.
- Completes required paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School education or equivalent background.
- 1 to 3 years of comparable work experience programming production machinery.
- Basic math skills and able to read and comprehend BOMs.
- Good visual acuity, manual dexterity and attention to detail.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement with or without the aid of mechanical device, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirement includes: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with hands and fingers. Primary functions are performed standing.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as respirator, mask, gloves, safety glasses and/r safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.
AIRMAR Technology Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of sensing technology for marine and industrial applications. Established in Amherst, New Hampshire in 1982, the Company's product line has grown to include advanced ultrasonic transducers, flow sensors, WeatherStation® instruments, and electronic compasses used for a wide variety of applications including fishing, navigation, meteorology, survey, level measurement, process control, and proximity sensing. Airmar’s headquarters are located in Milford, New Hampshire, with distribution offices in Lake City, South Carolina; and Saint Malo, France. Airmar continues to expand our product lines and Technology Corp.