AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Demand Planning Manager
Establish and manage the Demand Planning Process for all product lines and all customer markets. Create an annual and monthly updated demand forecast using historical data, input from sales, marketing, customer’s, industry information, macro and micro economic data, other market data that has proven to impact our industry and own attained knowledge create an unconstrained demand plan that can be used by the Supply Planning team for FG and RM supply, Finance for revenue projections and Production for capacity and resource planning.
- Once a demand planning process has been established, lead the monthly demand forecasting process to create a 24-month rolling consensus unconstrained demand forecast plan ensuring accurate data is used and validated throughout each step of the process.
- Document assumptions under-pinning the plan and highlight any deviations and impact on the demand forecast working with sales, marketing, and product management to brain-storm how to close any gaps in volume/$.
- Working closely with IT to develop required data interfaces.
- Maintains working knowledge of E2E supply chain and the factors that will affect an unconstrained demand forecast.
- Manage the demand forecast and in liaison with Product Management, Sales, Marketing on New Product Introductions and Product End of Life transitions - timing, volumes and customer market.
- Liaison with Sales and Marketing on events (boat shows, customer offers) that could affect the demand forecast.
- Set up monthly forecast meetings with relevant sales team to review the volumes and discuss issues to understand forecast drivers and issues that could affect the forecast (is a customer overselling).
- Set up a process to capture as much customer inventory holding and use this to determine if historical buy patterns will continue.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the process.
- Liaise closely with other members of the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning Team (S,I&OP).
- Oversee the design and preparation of forecasting reporting and analysis tools for all phases of the forecast process to include KPI’s to measure accuracy and S,I&OP effectiveness measuring both the bias and error understanding any events that could skew the data in line with forecast metrics best practice.
- Open communication with the functions who are either suppliers or customers to the process.
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities in the volumes and/or $ of the demand forecast.
- Work closely with Finance and sales to understand pricing and set up a process to clearly identify and price changes that will affect the forecast without volume change.
- May be required to travel to customer and sales events to gain a better understanding of the market, customer workings et al.
- Actively monitors industry trends for potential impacts to the forecast.
- Participates in cross-functional projects with members of the S,I&OP, supply chain and other departments.
- Interfaces with all key departments throughout the company.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
- Main POC for ERP system functionality to support Demand Planning Function
- BA/BS degree or equivalent background
- Forecast industry recognized qualification APICS, IBF preferred
- Working knowledge of demand planning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ERP Systems with a working knowledge of demand planning/forecasting tool
- 3+ years in a demand planning role
- Basic knowledge of sales strategy and brand positioning preferred
- Knowledge of statistical modelling techniques
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- You will be a highly motivated individual with an Entrepreneurial spirit who is detail oriented and a team player
- You will possess the knowledge, skill and abilities to create and manage a world class, efficient demand planning process
- You will be very analytical with strong communication, networking and negotiation skills and possess sound judgement
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Solid knowledge of demand forecasting best practices
- Solid knowledge of data management
- Must possess business acumen relating to vision and purpose, problem solving and innovative mindset
- Include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with reading, writing and computer work.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.