AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Configuration Engineering Support Technician
Under minimal supervision and in collaboration with the Configuration Manager, applies knowledge and skills to assist in the development of new configurations for existing products and provides continuous improvement in the manufacturing process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update drawings, work instructions and product specifications jointly with Configuration Engineers, Design Engineers, LAB personnel and Production.
- Assists with the development of wiring diagrams and cable assembly drawings for new and existing products.
- Create and maintain product specifications for products upon customer request.
- Create and modify 2D and 3D drawings ranging from easy to more difficult.
- Develops and Maintains Work Instructions and Bills of Materials for configurations jointly with Configuration Engineers, Design Engineers, LAB personnel and Production.
- Responsible for CR review and approval in area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the assignment of new product part numbers in collaboration with the sales department.
- Responsible for the creation of same as except for configurations for existing products per sales/marketing/customer requests, as required.
- Write Engineering CO’s, and update drawings after CO approvals and hot walk CO’s as needed.
- Participates in design reviews as required.
- Participates in First article (FAAR) meetings as required.
- In conjunction with Sales create/modify labels, review label approvals, and work with Marketing for graphic labels.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts in manufacturing processing.
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors in Business Administration and/or Technical Associates degree. 2 - 3 years manufacturing or equivalent experience. Willingness to pursue related technical education if necessary.
- Strong technical writing skills using various programs
- Ability to read, understand and process changes to work instructions
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening skills: giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate
- Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the client
- Identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate best practices
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others (ex. Supervisors on the floor, engineers, etc.)
- Based on experience, provide guidance and advice to management or other groups on technical, systems or process related matters.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Familiarity with the following: IFS, DraftSite, Pro Engineer (Creo), Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, Bartender, Adobe LiveCycle .
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
- Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities, and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safety perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees; bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing, or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and/or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work that deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.