AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Business Development Manager, Weatherstation and Industrial Products
As a strategic Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for both prospecting new customers and identifying new product development opportunities, while also retaining existing customers/markets to maximize revenue. This is a highly visible position that works with the VP of Sales and Marketing and the Director of Research and Development.
- Prospecting and identifying appropriate markets and customers for Airmar’s line of Weatherstation and Industrial products.
- Provide input to Product Management on new product ideas or features to assure Airmar maintains and grows these markets.
- Work with new customers to assist at all levels of integration from start to finish. This involves a strong technical competence of the product and working with Product Management, Engineers, Quality and Project Managers.
- Assist in the development of sales and marketing strategies for targeted markets. This includes outlining marketing requirements, website promotion, outreach programs, advertising opportunities, identifying, and attending trade shows, conferences, and customers.
- Propose pricing models to the VP of Sales using company pricing guidelines and competitive pricing analysis.
- Provide reports to the Executive Management team on new opportunities and potential sales.
Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering related field. Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a technical sales/business development position. Product Management and/or Marketing experience a plus. A fundamental understanding of the sensor marketplace is very desirable.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: you will be working closely with internal engineers and internal/external customers.
- Position requires a strong understanding of customer applications and works to integrate the product with their electronics.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time, both domestic and international.
- Possess networking skills, the ability to establish trust and build relationships.
- Good data analytics and market research skills. Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience using an ERP system, such as IFS.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.