AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Assistant Supervisor (Receiving)
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, assists in the coordination of activities in a receiving department, applying knowledge of receiving methods, processes, manpower and equipment. Serves as a backup to the Supervisor during temporary absences of the Supervisor.
- While in the performance of job duties, observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment, inspection logs for equipment and transportation regulations.
- Oversees most complex operations and duties in the receiving area(s).
- Communicates with department personnel regarding processes, material, equipment, product quality, efficiency, and schedules.
- Able to train others in all aspects of the job. Assists in the training of new employees. Assists in the development of operator skill level.
- Monitors machine and equipment performance. Coordinates maintenance mechanics for major machine repairs.
- Oversees inventory management. Coordinates cycle counts and reconciliation of inaccurate inventory balances with internal customers and suppliers. Participates in audits.
- Organizes stock in the most efficient way to ensure FIFO rules are followed.
- Knowledge of MSDS/SDS documentation and its processes.
- Leads continuous improvement activities with team members to improve safety, quality, productivity, cost, inventory and delivery.
- Interacts positively as a Team member with all co-workers.
- Effectively communicate with the Engineering, Procurement, Sales, Quality Assurance, and Manufacturing teams on all receiving business.
- Operates company vehicles, including non-CDL box truck, to transport materials. Requires interstate travel as needed.
- Assist in training of new truck drivers and ensure proper record keeping.
- Able to perform daily department meeting and/or huddles. Serve as a backup department representative for the GEMBA leadership team.
- Perform material handling responsibilities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of work-related experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience preferred using fork truck, manlift, and powered pallet jack.
- Ability to obtain D.O.T. medical certification (non-CDL).
- 1 year experience driving 26 ft. box truck (non-CDL).
- Hazardous Material Training, D.O.T. 49 CFR 172.704
- Reading and comprehension, basic math skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills, moderate computer skills including, but not limited to, email and MS office.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work with deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.