AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Acoustic Engineer I
Multidisciplinary role focused on acoustic transducer and systems product design, critical analysis and development of in-air and in-water applications. Ability to conceive, create, design and prototype transducer products and perform specialized acoustic and electrical testing. Participates and leads in projects through full life cycle. This position will work closely with: Chief Scientist; Electrical, Mechanical, Test and Manufacturing engineering staff; Industrial Products staff, and Marketing.
- Applies acoustic, electrical and systems engineering theory and concepts to the design and development and construction of new and existing products.
- Researches, analyzes, and executes acoustic transducer product development, performance, and failure analysis. Creates presentations for internal and customers use and education.
- Assists in the product design priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Conducts or assists in acoustic measurements and Z electrical measurements.
- Working with Test Engineering, assists in upgrade of acoustic test facilities.
- Works with Engineering Technician staff to design and construct new transducers and systems; participates in product boat testing.
- Creates, develops, and performs specialized acoustic and electrical testing including measurements at environmental conditions.
- Participates in the development and manufacturing issues through resolution. Ensure product is developed to maintain product performance and product life at cycling pressure.
- Participates in the design review and manufacturing readiness reviews.
- Documents new ideas into Intellectual Property disclosures; works with legal staff from idea inception to patent application document with thorough prior art, to actual Patent issue.
- Assists quality control in inspection procedures and acts as reference.
- Creates, checks, maintains engineering drawings. Maintains and verifies upgrades and accuracy for engineering department.
- Interfaces with suppliers/vendors for purchase of new equipment and/or parts and relays information to appropriate manager.
- Interfaces with customers during development as required; prepares and presents presentations.
- Gains additional ME, EE, Signal Processing engineering knowledge to enhance acoustic group capabilities.
- Creates and executes Electrical-Mechanical-Acoustical finite element models. Compares model results to experimental results to assist in design changes.
- BS or greater in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, acoustics, physics, or related areas.
- 0-2 years
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
- Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with reading, writing and computer work.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
- Frequently lifts up to 50 lbs.