AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Airmar Technology is seeking a creative Web Developer to join our Sales & Marketing team. The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on professional with strong knowledge of content management and social media platforms and an ability to translate our business requirements into client-friendly functions that will expand our web influence in our industries. The Web Developer will be responsible for updating our current online applications, as well as developing and implementing a usability testing process to insure that new website applications meet our corporate requirements. The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to specifications. Strive to create visually appealing websites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling of all websites.
- Stay current with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them as needed.
- Actively participating in developing new promotions, services, features which highlight our product lines.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field. 2+ years’ experience in application development and testing. 1+ years’ SDLC implementation experience.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven working experience in web programming.
- Proven social media administration.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including E-Commerce, security principles, session management and best development practices.
- A solid knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
- Working knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming, web application development and cross-browser compatibility.
- Hands-on experience with web analytics tools.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Strong teamwork and communications skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
Physical requirements include:
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward; use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.