AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Test Engineering Technician
Under general supervision, builds test adapters and performs PCB rework and troubleshooting. Creates and maintains lab documentation. Creates, modifies, and verifies test sequences for manufacturing. Works with other departments to ensure all products shipped meet product specifications.
- Observes all safety and ergonomic regulations while executing job requirements.
- Maintain, repair and create test adapters.
- Maintain and debug the Automated Test System as well as other proprietary test equipment.
- Create and maintain lab documentation of all test adapters and other equipment in accordance with standard lab practices. Documentation may include pictures, schematics, part numbers and work details and are stored chronologically in lab notebooks or electronically.
- Create test for Depth, Temperature, and Speed Sensors. Add new test sequences and edit current sequences as necessary.
- Assists other Lab or Engineering personnel on assigned projects.
- 3 – 5 years troubleshooting and repairing PC boards or other relevant experience required.
- Soldering and fine assembly skills.
- In depth understanding and ability to follow and modify written work instructions and schematics.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Electronics/electrical knowledge required.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word and Excel.
High School diploma or equivalent education required, some college preferred.
- Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward; use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routing duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.
AIRMAR Technology Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of sensing technology for marine and industrial applications. Established in Amherst, New Hampshire in 1982, the Company's product line has grown to include advanced ultrasonic transducers, flow sensors, WeatherStation® instruments, and electronic compasses used for a wide variety of applications including fishing, navigation, meteorology, survey, level measurement, process control, and proximity sensing. Airmar’s headquarters are located in Milford, New Hampshire, with distribution offices in Lake City, South Carolina; and Saint Malo, France. Airmar continues to expand our product lines and Technology Corp.