AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Test Engineer I
Designs, implements, maintains and upgrades operational and performance testing of ultrasonic transducers, magnetic field sensors, temperature sensors and other products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and coordinates engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, maintenance and calibration of instruments, equipment and control devices required for incoming inspection, in-process testing and final testing.
- Works with Quality Control to assure test is validated prior to release.
- Writes detailed test instructions.
- Modifies existing test instructions as needed, and works with Document Control to make changes.
- Specifies test jigs for efficient connection to devices.
- Utilizes LEAN processes to affect continuous improvement.
- Observes all safety regulations while in the performance of Job responsibilities.
- Create and maintain architecture to consolidate tests methodology.
- Creates, modifies and maintains LabVIEW programs as needed.
- Trains production personnel on test equipment operation and procedures.
- Responsible for test equipment in production area including in-process tests and final tests and documents construction of test equipment.
- Oversee the designs adapter cables for test equipment and creates wiring diagrams. Designs adapter cables for special customer requirements.
- Investigates breakdowns in test equipment, debugs problems and repairs mechanical, electrical and acoustic test equipment.
- Sets specifications for new devices in coordination with other disciplines determining acceptable ranges. Works with Hardware and Software Engineering to define tests for new products before introducing into production.
- Evaluates new circuit designs, i.e., environmental test of circuits and transducers, temperature, center frequency, under and over voltage or other standards required.
- Cross-checks schematic circuit diagrams created by other engineers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. 4+ years with two-four years test engineering experience.
Complex problem solving skills, critical thinking, active listening, strong communication skills and interpersonal.
Programming experience required. Familiarity with LabVIEW software. Be familiar with and have understanding of ultrasonic transducers, MySQL, PHP, test processes, and test equipment including, but not limited oscilloscopes, signal generators and impedance analyzers. The ability to interface with test equipment utilizing various hardware and software protocols is preferred. Including but not limited to UART, CAN, I2C, SPI, TCPIP.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
Physical requirements include:
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward; use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.