MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Test and Measurement Engineer - Summer Intern / College Student
MSI develops and manufactures highly complex electro-mechanical sonar assemblies for defense and commercial applications. The Test and Measurement Engineer will perform test and measurement for in-process and final testing of MSI’s electroacoustic transducer products. He/she will conduct established acoustic and electrical testing processes on a variety of equipment and record results. He/she will participate in the assembly of electromechanical devices including assembly, fabrication, and wiring. He/she will operate under the supervision of engineering and manufacturing and follow written instructions to perform many of the functions of the job.
- Organize and maintain test and measurement assets including oscilloscopes, data acquisition systems, impedance test stations and in-water and in-air acoustic test systems.
- Coordinate with Quality Control to maintain proper calibration of all test and measurement resources and perform internal verification when necessary.
- Work with Engineering to develop process documentation test plans, wiring diagrams etc.
- Work with Engineering to develop electrical and mechanical test fixtures including in-water test housings and wiring harnesses.
- Organize and maintain acoustic test tanks including daily, weekly and monthly schedule with filtration and chemicals.
- Perform and document in-process and final testing of electroacoustic devices.
- Operation of measurement instrumentation including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, impedance analyzers, and digital multi-meters.
- Use of mechanical measurement instruments including calipers and micrometers.
- Basic soldering skills.
- Proven experience with mechanical assembly, basic machining, and electrical wiring.
- Fundamental fabrication skills.
- Must be able to read and understand performance specifications, technical manuals, schematics and written/verbal instructions.
- Standard computer skills including operation of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of LabView would be helpful.
- Working on a Bachelors degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Programming experience is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitively or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
The candidate must be a US citizen.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@msitransducers.com.