AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
The Systems Engineer will be a member of the Product Development team. We are a growing company with expanding product lines seeking to meet new market requirements. The ideal candidate will be working with multidisciplinary groups to develop and refine complex sensors, tests and calibration systems.
- Analyze and evaluate customer/manufacturing needs to define system performance requirements.
- Assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Work with internal customers (QA/Final Test) as well as external customers who buy our products.
- Responsible for various analyses to optimize system performance.
- Oversight of analysis in areas such as: affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, system security, regulatory and product assurance.
- Follows the design/build/certification process to ensure the product designs meet requirements.
- Establish new design requirements for customer configurations to enable engineering design and test development.
- Specify product test equipment, processes and algorithms to satisfy testing and calibration requirements for products
- Work with multi-disciplinary groups to review quality and design reviews.
- Evaluate processing and review data to document engineering and contractual deliverables.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Algorithm development to meet systems requirements.
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject. 3-5 years of related experience.
- Good understanding of physics
- Understanding of engineering processes
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to read schematics
- Knowledge of embedded processors
- Hands-on approach to assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, able to work with several types of engineering disciplines to execute tasks
- Proven capability of LabView, C sharp and/or other programming languages
- Physical requirement includes: Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis, the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed (sitting or standing or a combination of both).
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as respirator, mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com