AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Software Test Engineer
Applies knowledge and skill in Software Engineering to areas of:
- Functionally testing new smart sensor firmware.
- Smart sensor firmware updates.
- Observe all safety regulations while in the performance of job responsibilities and duties.
- Write software programs for microprocessors in assembly code as well as higher languages, such as C++, LabView, LabWindows and Objective C.
- Participate in design teams of mechanical, electrical, acoustical and software engineers for new design and improvements in manufacture.
- Write documentation to describe functions of computer programs, as part of program development suitable for dissemination in English.
- Develop tools for diagnostics and debugging of hardware and software.
- Review Technical Documents for consistency, clarity and completeness.
- Write Functional Test Requirements for products based on Technical Documents.
- Develop and maintain Software Tools used to:
- Test and validate products against Functional Test Requirements
- Communicate with smart sensors using NMEA converters, combiners, gateways
- Update smart sensor firmware
- Develop and maintain Test Data, Scripts, and Expected Results files needed to test and validate products against Functional Test Requirements.
- Test and validate products against Functional Test Requirements, record, analyze results and document results in Test Report.
- Interface with Firmware Engineers about discrepancies found between Technical Specs and Test Results to determine which needs to be fixed, Technical Specs, Test Requirements or Product Firmware.
- Performs other duties as required or directed.
BS in Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Knowledge of computer programming and circuit theory. Prefer knowledge of NMEA (National Marine Electronics Association) standards.
Physical Requirements and Abilities:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with computer work, mechanical/electrical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com