AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
REPAIR CENTER COORDINATOR TECHNICIAN
Investigate field returned material, determine root cause of customers’ observation and close return case by reporting findings to customers and internal departments as necessary.
- Set-up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of discrepant parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions.
- Confirm or disapprove customer’s reason for returning material.
- Disassemble product to expose area to be investigated further.
- Test/troubleshoot analog and digital circuits to component level using custom and standard test equipment.
- Conduct root cause analysis and repair.
- Rework and repair PCBAs to IPC standards. Solder to IPC-A-610 and J-Std-001 Class 2 standards.
- Observe ESD requirements while in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Communicate with other departments (sales, quality, engineering, production) when failure patterns are identified.
- Communicate directly with customers when appropriate regarding failure analyses and troubleshooting.
- Collect, record and interpret test & quality data and report trends.
- Able to participate in 5S and Lean improvement programs.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
2-year Electronic Associate degree program or equivalent schooling and experience. 3 to 5 years’ experience testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing digital/analog circuits and PCBAs to component level.
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, written work instructions and drawings.
- Good mechanical aptitude and good hand-eye coordination required.
- Must possess the ability to effectively and professionally communicate with end-users.
- Must possess strong written and verbal skills, strong organizational skills, and be able to make sound decisions.
- Interact positively as a team member with co-workers and management.
- Familiar with Service Mount Technology (SMT) solder/repair stations and capable of meeting IPC Class 2 requirements.
- Working knowledge of a variety of test equipment including power supplies, oscilloscopes, Volt Ohm meters, spectrum analyzers and frequency counters.
- Ability to use standard measuring devices: micrometers, verniers, calipers, etc.
- Experience using milling, lathes and related machinery and hand tools is preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience with marine navigation devices such as GPS, electronic compasses, anemometers, and SONAR and/or boat experience is a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with computer use, electromechanical assembly and inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Observe all safety regulations while in the performance of job responsibilities.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.