MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
The Technician 3 is one of the more experienced members of the Manufacturing Department, responsible for producing quality components according to manufacturing controls. Consistently works on complex projects requiring independent action and initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations to management to resolve difficult issues and generate design improvements. Accountable for producing high quality assemblies or finished product according to specifications and within the budgetary and scheduling constraints.
The Technician 3 supports Engineering by working from verbal, written instruction, documents and drawings. Uses a variety of hand / power tools and equipment to accomplish assigned duties. The use of soldering stations, rework stations, fixtures, microscopes and calipers are required.
- Completes complex tasks using extensive knowledge base, creativity, and expertise.
- Retrieve necessary paperwork and work order documentation.
- Follow work instructions to determine what is required for each assembly process.
- Review design specifications, and engineering drawings.
- Retrieve and review Bill of Materials.
- Notify management of any perceived disconnect in the drawing or assembly documentation.
- Complete the assembly of materials and components properly using the proper method and equipment.
- Electrical splicing, routing and strain relieving
- Component aligning, inserting, fastening, tightening and sealing
- Pre-tinning, soldering and cleaning of solder joints
- Cable harnessing, terminating and labeling
- Ceramic polarity marking and electrode isolating
- Grit-blasting, abrading, and priming
- Measuring and mixing epoxies and polyurethanes
- Forming, bonding, and encapsulating components
- Use of volt meters and scales
- Tests completed elements as required by work instructions.
- Assists in other assembly areas, as required.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe working environment.
- Ensure that Travelers are filled out completely, accurately and immediately upon completion of the task.
- Verifies dimensions/alignment with measuring instruments.
- Performs tasks such as debugging, troubleshooting of assemblies.
- Interacts positively as a team member with co-workers and Supervisors.
- Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable handling chemicals (such as isopropyl, alcohol, epoxies, and polyurethane).
- Organizes daily assignments and performs all job functions of a technician as required.
- Cross train and support various work centers to ensure proper coverage of production demands as directed by management.
SKILLS and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and ability to operate various equipment and machines, such as lamination presses, programmable ovens, polymer mixing equipment.
- Desired Machine Shop experience.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Possess manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
High School diploma or equivalent education required.
Vocational School coursework completed and/or 6 to 10 years relevant experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements including: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist, bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes if required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
The candidate must be a US citizen.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@msitransducers.com.