MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Technician I / Machinist
Under minimal supervision prepares and assembles laminated assemblies, polymer mixing and casting of parts, assembles tools, sets up and operates surface grinding and milling machines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Laminates using two part epoxies, pneumatic presses, programmable ovens and holding fixtures.
- Sets up and operates surface grinders and milling machines.
- Applies backfill potting as required by BOM.
- Tests completed elements as required by BOM.
- Assembles transducers using available hand tools and fixtures.
- Follows work instructions to determine what is required for each assembly process.
- Organizes daily assignments and preforms all job functions of a technician as required.
- Attention to detail regarding quality of parts and notifies supervisor of discrepant material.
- Assists in other assembly areas, as required.
- Completes all necessary paperwork on in-process and completed jobs.
- Reads and interprets specifications, blueprints, sketches, etc., to determine dimensions and tolerances of piece(s) to be fabricated.
- Verifies dimensions/alignments with measuring instruments.
- Performs tasks such as debugging and troubleshooting of assemblies.
- Interacts positively as a team member with co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable handling of chemicals (isopropyl, alcohol, epoxies and polyurethane).
SKILLS and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and ability to operate various equipment and machinery, such as lamination presses, programmable ovens, surface grinders, milling machines and polymer mixing equipment.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Possess manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
High School diploma or equivalent education required. Vocational School coursework completed and/or 2 to 4 years relevant machinist experience.
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements including: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist, bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes if required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The candidate must be a US citizen.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@msitransducers.com.