MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
MSI Transducers Corporation manufactures low volume, highly complex electro-mechanical sonar assemblies for defense and commercial applications. MSI is a small business and candidates are expected to contribute significantly in multiple disciplines. The Manufacturing Engineer (ME) will design, integrate, or improve manufacturing methods or processes in support of our acoustic products. The ME will troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes and also help transition new products from Engineering to Manufacturing. The ME will review product designs and assess them for manufacturability and completeness. The ME will support Engineering and Business Development in winning new products and initiatives.
- Provide manufacturing engineering support of new acoustic transducer products including new process development and production scale up.
- Evaluate, improve, and document manufacturing processes.
- Specify, designs and/or procure special tooling or equipment required to manufacture products.
- Create and implement work instructions, solve manufacturing and technical issues as they arise.
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
- Analyze manufacturing process flows for the enhancements of quality, cost reductions, and throughput.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles.
- Contribute towards maintaining and supporting ISO standards.
- Proven capability of transitioning products from development into production.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques with a desire towards process improvement.
- Experience with DoD prototyping and production programs.
- Adhesives/bonding expertise.
- Fixture design expertise.
- Exceptional decision-making and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in groups.
- Strong business ethics.
- Possess a self-motivated and resourceful attitude, taking ownership of one's work.
- Ability to execute and attain goals and to multi task in a fast-paced environment.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
EDUCATION & Experience:
BS in Engineering, Science or a related field. 5 to 7 years of experience with Manufacturing Engineering.
The candidate must be a US citizen and eligible to obtain a security clearance.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@msitransducers.com.