AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
MATERIAL HANDLER II
Under minimal supervision performs various operations to expedite product through the production area as well as inventory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Sets up kits, including all BOMs, subs, test cables, equipment & fixtures as required.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of kits brought to the assembly floor.
- Verify part numbers and quantities to BOM.
- Stock and retrieve parts from bulk shelves, bins, and kanban carts.
- Unload and provide racks, plates, and fixtures to assemblers to maintain production flow.
- Verify rack accuracy and complete accurate documentation.
- Verify product ID and quantity between posting, pour sheet, and racked product. Interface with assemblers regarding product/racking requirements.
- Moves sub-assemblies from prep areas to assembly area.
- Fills out proper documentation and moves racks into the pour room, verifies rack accuracy, and completes documentation.
- Stores unneeded racks and maintains open aisles.
- Continually monitors and records inventory located at benches and in production warehouses.
- Communicates production status to the supervisor. Alerts supervisor to assemblers’ need for additional work assignments.
- Order and visually inspect various bronze housings as delivered. Red-tags to MRB for group leader/supervisor to review.
- Assists assemblers with set-up & breakdown function to minimize downtime.
- Performs various prep machining operations requiring the use of drill presses, sanders, and other equipment.
- May be responsible for specialized duties including, but not limited to, assembly, potting, testing, and product repair and/or reclaim.
- Post to the IFS database daily.
- Perform daily cycle counts. Performs all inventory functions using IFS.
- Along with other material handlers responsible for maintaining the accuracy of parts brought to the assembly floor.
- Completes all necessary paperwork on jobs completed.
- Participates in physical inventories is required.
- Assists assemblers and others with lifting and moving heavy items.
- Responsible for coordinating inventory tracking and maintenance with other departments and between warehouses.
- Troubleshoots diagnoses and corrects inventory discrepancies.
- Works cooperatively with other material handlers, supervisors, and managers as requested.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
High School education and/or equivalent experience. Minimum 3 years’ experience as Material Handler I. Proficient in basic math and computerized inventory tracking. Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities, and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safety perform the primary functions of the job.
Physical requirements include the ability to bend downward and forward by bending the spine at waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees; bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing, or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as masks, gloves, safety glasses, and/or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity is sufficient for work that deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com