AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
GENERAL EQUIPMENT / MACHINE OPERATOR I
Under general supervision, independently sets up and operates one or more of the following pieces of equipment regularly for production requirements: belt sander, manual lathe, wire cutting machine, rolling machine and sandblaster.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads, understands, and follows bills of material, work instructions, cable prints and other documentation in the performance of all tasks
- Determines BOM requirements for scheduled jobs verifying parts are correct.
- Completes required paperwork, maintaining accurate inventory counts, test records and other documentation.
- Maintains production levels at or above company/department goals with minimum indirect time.
- Dispositions rejected product to appropriate areas.
- Maintains clean and orderly machines and general work areas.
- Interacts positively as a team member with co-works and supervision.
- Perform set up and operate production machinery including belt sander, manual lathe, wire cutting machine, and degreaser and rinse tank.
- Performs other related duties as may be required.
- Basic math skills and ability to read, comprehend and follow BOM’s.
- Able to use basic measuring instruments such as rulers, digital timers, etc.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand while performing duties.
- Good visual acuity, manual dexterity and attention to detail.
High school education or equivalent background.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
1 – 2 years work experience operating production machinery
- Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes if required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with computer work, mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routing duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.
AIRMAR Technology Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of sensing technology for marine and industrial applications. Established in Amherst, New Hampshire in 1982, the Company's product line has grown to include advanced ultrasonic transducers, flow sensors, WeatherStation® instruments, and electronic compasses used for a wide variety of applications including fishing, navigation, meteorology, survey, level measurement, process control, and proximity sensing. Airmar’s headquarters are located in Milford, New Hampshire, with distribution offices in Lake City, South Carolina; and Saint Malo, France. Airmar continues to expand our product lines and Technology Corp.