AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Firmware Functional Test Engineer
Applies knowledge and skill in Software Engineering to areas of:
- Functionally testing new smart sensor firmware.
- Smart sensor firmware updates.
While in the performance of job requirements, observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment and guidelines applicable to the use of machinery. Qualified to perform all duties and responsibilities of Tester Packer I and Tester Packer II.
- Observe all safety regulations while in the performance of job responsibilities and duties.
- Write software programs for microprocessors in assembly code as well as higher languages, such as C++, LabView, LabWindows and Objective C.
- Participate in design teams of mechanical, electrical, acoustical and software engineers for new design and improvements in manufacture.
- Write documentation to describe functions of computer programs, as part of program development suitable for dissemination in English.
- Develop tools for diagnostics and debugging of hardware and software.
- Review Technical Documents for consistency, clarity and completeness.
- Write Functional Test Requirements for products based on Technical Documents.
- Develop and maintain Software Tools used to
- Test and validate products against Functional Test Requirements
- Communicate with smart sensors using NMEA converters, combiners, gateways
- Update smart sensor firmware
- Develop and maintain Test Data, Scripts, and Expected Results files needed to test and validate products against Functional Test Requirements.
- Test and validate products against Functional Test Requirements, record, analyze results and document results in Test Report.
- Interface with Firmware Engineers about discrepancies found between Technical Specs and Test Results to determine which needs to be fixed,
Technical Specs, Test Requirements or Product Firmware.
- Performs other duties as required or directed.
BS in Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Knowledge of computer programming and circuit theory. Prefer knowledge of NMEA (National Marine Electronics Association) standards.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.