AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Under minimal supervision, applies knowledge and skill in electrical engineering to any area required, specifically ultrasonic theory, analog and digital circuit design practice
(including magnetic circuit design), testing systems, and computer programming.
Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable to the use of
chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, glues, epoxies and other chemicals deemed necessary.
- Through the application of ultrasonic theory, evaluates existing circuit designs and recommends alternative methods.
- Tests prototype transducers as well as matching circuitry both in house test tanks and in open water (lake and ocean boat tests).
- Evaluates and develops new electronic products, specifies electronic components, equipment and tools, specified electronic components.
- Researches and recommends the purchase of electronic devices and/or equipment.
- Assess plans and execute multiple engineering projects concurrently.
- Work with all engineering disciplines as well as different departments to develop new products and product specifications as well as provide
- Manage projects and products from concept, through design, and into production.
- Design, test, and debug electronic circuits for interfacing with ultrasonic sensors, for both transmit and receive functions to
optimize impedance matching and to minimize power drain, cost and heating.
- Applies knowledge of testing electronics devices to meet current standards (such as ESO, ESD protection, etc.) and product
certifications, such as CE EN60945, FCC Part 15, etc.
- Work with test engineering to provide recommendations for and assist in the development of test systems.
- Uses the tools of specialized computer programs (CAD) for circuit analysis, circuit optimization, and PC board layout.
- Applies knowledge of digital interface electronics to meet established standards in the industry for communicating with displays, microprocessors, etc.
- Skilled in analog and digital circuit design
- PCB layout practice
- Use of test equipment
- Circuit debugging
- Analytical skills required
- Familiarity with modern electrical and mechanical CAD systems
- Project Management experience
B. S. in Electrical Engineering. Acoustics, ultrasonic and computer programming courses or experience highly desirable. 5-7 years of experience.
Physical Requirements and Abilities:
Individuals must possess these knowledges, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirement includes: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee,
to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction;
use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to
exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects
horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed (sitting or standing
or a combination of both).
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as respirator, mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com