AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Connector Assembler III
Under limited supervision prepares all types of cable and junction box assemblies for use in ultrasonic sensing devices to established quality and production standards.
While in the performance of job requirements, observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable to the use of chemicals including ethanol alcohol, flux, solder, glues, epoxies and aqueous cleaning solution.
- Operates Carpenter and Komax cable strippers to remove cable jacket to appropriate length.
- Measures materials using rulers and other measuring devices.
- Removes foil and cellophane with Exacto knife.
- Strips insulation off wires to exact length with automatic wire stripper.
- Dips wires and connectors into flux for tinning and into filled heated solder pot.
- Slips plug into wheel vise and with needle nose pliers and soldering iron, attaches wire to proper pin on plug.
- Follows IPC-A-610 Class 2 soldering criteria
- Uses heat gun and shrinks tube over cable where needed.
- Performs a wide variety of assembly operations: wires 8 pin connectors; wires Y-cables, and wires all 2 to 11 wire cables
to connectors of any type. Assembly of all junction box products with the ability to demonstrate proficiency in assembly with PCBA.
- May use sophisticated test equipment i.e.; GPS computer program or wind tunnel
- Reads and understands schedules and cable prints, Bill of Materials, specification sheets and work instructions.
- Operates crimping functions by machine or manually as required.
- Recognizes different types of cables; i.e., able to differentiate cable lengths and recognize discrepancies if they exist per BOM.
- Notifies Supervisor /Group Leader of any material variations from BOM.
- Tests completed cable and junction box assemblies for electrical shorts, disconnected wires and assure that cable assembly is properly wired.
- May cross train in cable rolling machine.
- Tests and packages accessories/ parts as required.
- Performs repairs or rework.
- Completes daily labor ticket and required paperwork.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- May train other Connector Assembler I and II
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
- Interacts positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
- 6 months to one year as Connector Assembler II or equivalent assembly experience.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Should also have been trained to solder to IPC-A-610 Class 2.
High school education or equivalent background.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
1. Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting.
2. Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
3. Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
4. Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
5. Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.