AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
MARPORT TRANSDUCER ASSEMBLER III – 1st Shift
Performs a wide variety of electronic production assembly operations of a semi-skilled nature to build and assemble Marport Trawl Sensors. Prepares and solders ceramic elements for basic assembly use, performs final test and pack.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies BOM and manufacturing work instructions for each housing, cable, ceramic or laminated assembly. Verifies materials to BOM, work instruction and training requirements.
- Solders laminations and ceramic preps into/onto housings and back plates per schedule at established quality, schedule and set rates.
- Assembles transducer onto bottle assembly as follows per work instruction and training manual.
- Uses cable strippers and fingers to remove outer jacket from cable as required. Measure and cut wires to length using caliper.
- Hand crimping using microscope.
- Tins each wire using flux and dips into solder pot.
- Places housing in fixed vice as required.
- Determine quantities required for all sub-assemblies to meet customer demands using MRP and upcoming shipments reports. Communicates material shortages with supervisor.
- Inspect all subassembly/final product. Completes all trawler forms as required per BOM.
- Uses automated test system and/or tests each unit with appropriate test adapter for all functions using the digital short tester and meters per BOM.
- Install and verify fit for all high pressure O-rings.
- Upload computer generated serial number onto customer website.
- Encapsulate assemblies using two part high pressure epoxy with two stage mixing tube.
Familiarity with use of microscope, hand held crimper, solder iron, pliers, torque driver, torque wrench, screwdrivers, nut driver, digital caliper, drill press, hose clamps, arbor press and vice. Knowledge of computer operated test programs.
High School education or equivalent experience. 2 or more year’s relevant experience. Computer literate, basic math skills and ability to read and understand the function of a standard ruler. Active listener, strong communication skills and attentive to detail. Consistently achieve and exceed production standards and s quality standards.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to lift and move a minimum of 20 pounds several times daily.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and/or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
- Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, glues and epoxies.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.